Instead of struggling to convert CAD files from third-party systems, 3D Interconnect is used as an add-on feature to SOLIDWORKS Professional and Premium that allows users to interact with third-party CAD data directly inside of SOLIDWORKS.
What Is 3D Interconnect?
Rather than risking losing data by importing in file neutral formats, users can see and leverage model information from the source program. Reference planes, geometry and unabsorbed sketches and curves can be further leveraged inside of SOLIDWORKS for additional design features. Time wasted solving Import Diagnostics errors becomes a thing of the past, while design, vendor and client collaboration becomes streamlined.
Benefits of Using 3D Interconnect
With this new workflow, a parametric link to the original part or assembly file allows for automatic updating; if the file is changed in its third-party CAD software. 3D Interconnect maintains face and edge IDs, custom properties and file metadata so that when the source file is updated, any mates or additional features added inside of SOLIDWORKS are preserved.
The following formats and their versions are supported in 3D Interconnect:
• CATIA® V5: .CATPart, .CATProduct for V5R8 – 5-6R2016*
• Autodesk® Inventor: .ipt for V6 – V2016, .iam for V11 – V2016
• Autodesk® Revit: Revit Family format file (*.rfa) or an ACIS format file (*.SAT),
• PTC®: .prt, .prt.*, .asm, .asm.* for Pro/ENGINEER® 16 – Creo 3.0
• Solid Edge®: .par, .asm, .psm for V18 – ST8
• NX™ software: .prt for UG 11 – NX 10
• Neutral files: STEP, IGES, ACIS, and JT
*CATIA V5-SOLIDWORKS Translator is only available with a SOLIDWORKS Premium license.
Save time in preparing final documentation packages, importing Bill of Material (BOMs) information and maintaining CAD data integrity with SOLIDWORKS 3D Interconnect!
Structural Mechanics Engineer on 3DEXPERIENCE platform offers a comprehensive structural analysis solution for mechanical and…