Setting yourself apart from your peers in today’s engineering atmosphere is a competitive advantage. There are different SOLIDWORKS certifications available to demonstrate your experience and knowledge of the software. Did you know that you can receive one free core Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) or Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional (CSWP), one Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced (CSWPA) certification and one free specialty exam voucher for every seat of SOLIDWORKS on a subscription? Let’s look at how you can find these certifications within your license.
Step 1: Creating Your Customer Portal Account
Before you start, you need to set your house in order. First, you need access to an Internet connection; second, you need to create a SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal Account, if you don’t have one yet. Make sure you use your work email, or whichever account is used for your subscription, and your SOLIDWORKS serial number (launch SOLIDWORKS > Help > About SOLIDWORKS > Show Serial Number).
Once you have this information, follow these steps:
- Access the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal
- Select Create a SOLIDWORKS ID
- Enter your email and SOLIDWORKS Serial Number and click Next
- Verify the company information and click Yes
- Enter your first name and last name to create a password
Check your email to activate your account
Step 2: Downloading Tangix, the Tester Software
The SOLIDWORKS Certification exams are hosted in the Tangix testing software and you will need to download and install it to your computer to run the program prior to launching your exam. Here’s how:
- Visit the SOLIDWORKS Virtual Tester Certification Center and click on the Download TesterPRO Client button on the right.
- In your computer, locate the downloaded executable program and double-click Tangix_TesterPRO_Client.exe and follow the installation steps.
- If you’re ready to take the exam, click Finish. If not, deselect Run Tangix TesterPRO for Dassault Systemes (Note: To run the Tangix TesterPRO later, navigate to the installation location on your computer and run Tangix TesterPRO.exe).
Step 3: Creating a Virtual Tester Account
You’re one step closer, hang in there! Now that you have downloaded and installed your Tangix application, you will need to create a virtual tester account by taking these steps:
- Launch the Tangix TesterPRO application and select your preferred language.
- Create your VirtualTester UserID. Your certifications will be linked to the email you enter on this step and you will receive a PDF certificate upon completing each certification.
Step 4: Get a SOLIDWORKS Certification Voucher
Follow these steps to get your SOLIDWORKS Certification voucher:
- Access SOLIDWORKS via 3DEXPERIENCE.
- Click the Login button on the top right of the page and use your Virtual Tester Account credentials.
- Click the Subscription Offer button on the far-left aligned menu panel and then click on Start here.
- Follow the prompts that will include logging in to your SOLIDWORKS ID (aka. Customer Portal account) until you receive your voucher.
During step four, you will be prompted to choose an exam from three categories: Core Exams, Advanced Topics or Specialty Topics. Select one exam from each radio button to assign to your certification voucher. Once the voucher is generated, you cannot go back and change your exam selection (as of April 2020, this is currently a limitation). You will have to wait until the certifications reset on either January 1st or July 1st, whichever comes next.
If you already have a certification as indicated by the *, you can still obtain vouchers for that exam and pass it along to someone else. If you forgot or lost your voucher code, revisit the second step above, and you’ll see your active vouchers listed if they haven’t been used.
Step 5: Taking an Exam
Finally! You’re all set to take your exam. These are the steps that you need to follow:
- Run the Tangix TesterPRO.exe software.
- Select your appropriate language.
- Select the radio button for I already have a VirtualTester UserID and password and enter your credentials (Note: This is NOT your Customer Portal account. This is the email and login created from the above section titled Creating a Virtual Tester Account.
- For Select a Brand to show Certification Exams, select SOLIDWORKS
- Enter your certification Voucher in the Event ID/Voucher field in the top center and click on Submit. The exams you have access to will have a Start Exam and a Play button where the $ No Credit is in the image below. Click on Start Exam.
- Select your appropriate language and then the Start Exam button.
- You get one last Are you sure? popup. Selecting Yes will consume the attempt for this exam on the voucher code you entered.
- Select I Agree for the Usage Agreement.
- These details of your exam show up on the following screen: number of questions, duration, minimum passing score. Click on Start Examination to access your questions.
- Hitting Next on the last question of your exam (or selecting the Show Summary button) will pop up the Summary page. Selecting the End Examination button will submit all answers at once for grading. You will get a pop-up if you’ve left questions unanswered. If you proceed, you will get a Last Chance! pop-up. Selecting Yes will reveal a new pop-up with your graded results of Pass/Fail.
- When you pass a Certification, a certificate in PDF form will be sent to the email used as your Virtual Tester Account login. Congratulations!!
TriMech offers instructor-led Digital Training for all environments of SOLIDWORKS and our classes can help prepare you for these certifications.
Getting ready for these certifications is very important. We encourage you to explore the resources that we have available for you, such as our SOLIDWORKS Certification guide.
P3 vs CLIP As 3D printing continues to evolve and revolutionize the manufacturing space, the…