See the latest SOLIDWORKS 2023 enhancements, get expert advice, and register for our live online event scheduled for November 2 and 3, 2022 »
SOLIDWORKS 2023 is here and ready to help you and your teams work smarter, faster, and better together.
Improve your productivity
Explore the best of hundreds of new features created to help you optimize your product development process and enable you to do more in less time. With SOLIDWORKS 2023, you’ll have the ability to freely iterate and enhance designs, while creating high-performing, high-quality products refined to the highest possible degree.
Here’s a sample of what’s new, including some of the new features ready to improve your workflow:
Work Smarter with SOLIDWORKS 2023
Reduce your workload when modeling and detailing drawings and handle more complex electrical routing scenarios.
- Detail drawings with less effort with the ability to optimize for ANSI or ISO detailing standards and automatically match the display of your assembly model in your drawing views by showing transparent components correctly.
- Turbocharge part modeling with the ability to control translation and rotation values with equations that can also be added to design tables.
- Design sheet metal with ease by identifying model deviation with automatic sensor alerts.
- Build more complex structures easily by grouping similar corners and applying trimming to the group followed by automatically applying connection plates.
- Handle more complex electrical routing scenarios with the ability to create a more accurate manufacturing representation of your design through new options for flattening, reorienting, and displaying wires and connectors.
Work Faster with SOLIDWORKS 2023
Accelerate large assembly design and component manufacturing through automatic mode optimization, streamlined data export, and faster BOM search capability.
- Speed up large assembly design with the option for automatic optimization of resolved and lightweight modes, and the automatic repair of missing mate references, and with support for more end conditions for cut features and by avoiding to save unchanged model data. Streamlined data export supports the export of assembly components as separate STEP files.
- Experience improved search performance when using the “include sub-folders” option.
- Find BOM information faster with filtering and identify overwritten values quickly using a highlight color.
Work Together with SOLIDWORKS 2023
Enable mechanical design, electrical, quality, and manufacturing teams to work better together with faster, and more secure data management capabilities, and streamlined processes for the creation of 2D and 3D documentation.
- SOLIDWORKS PDM: Communicate changes to design data better with the ability to customize PDM notification templates with HTML. Streamlined user interface now includes common operations including adding files, checking out/in of files and folders, and more. Upgrade SOLIDWORKS file versions faster using the File Version Upgrade Tool when overwriting the latest version.
- SOLIDWORKS Inspection: Improve team collaboration by using machine learning to automatically extract information from a 2D PDF to build your inspection report. Enjoy the flexibility to select, balloon, and export inspection reports only for the required sheets of a drawing.
- SOLIDWORKS MBD: Communicate your assembly design more clearly in 3D with the ability to view all dimensions in the assembly and 3D views, including feature dimensions, reference dimensions, and DimXpert annotations. Improve communication with manufacturing using annotated 3D models that include Hole Tables representing multiple views.
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical: Create hybrid documentation involving drawings, annotations, and reports on the same page by including report tables, such as BOM and wire lists, on any electrical project drawing. Display connection information about a component in a label that you can dynamically insert into schematics.
Learn more about the new release from SOLIDWORKS
In addition to exploring new features on the TriMech website, these live events are available to help you learn more:
- TriMech, Solid Solutions, and Javelin LIVE Online Event on November 2 and 3, 2022. Join us for live demonstrations that will be full of tips, tricks, advice, and best practices. This unique online event gives you the opportunity to ask questions, connect with fellow users, and learn how you can apply new features to your product development workflows.
- Stream SOLIDWORKS Live. Join SOLIDWORKS Live on Thursday, September 29 at 11:00 AM ET for a special episode dedicated to what’s new in SOLIDWORKS 2023. SOLIDWORKS experts have been preparing for months to demonstrate their favorite new capabilities live and give you the knowledge to bring these timesaving enhancements into your day-to-day work.
SOLIDWORKS 2023 is here. Explore the TriMech website today to learn how you can work smarter and faster than ever before.
P3 vs CLIP As 3D printing continues to evolve and revolutionize the manufacturing space, the…