All files have to live somewhere, whether it’s on a desktop, thumb drive or engineering network directory. It’s often up to an individual to create, maintain, and adapt a structure, but at some point, you may need to search for files that are managed by others. If you’re lucky they have designed an intuitive folder structure, but if you’re unlucky it could take a good chunk out of your day to hunt down what you need.
About This On-Demand Webinar
In this webinar, TriMech Elite Application Engineer, Tracy Wettig, discusses a way to keep everyone on your team on the same page when it comes to folder and file organization: SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional. This software can save you time and intercept data entry errors for file and folder creation. Discover how it can be leveraged to create and properly place required traveler forms and automatically create a standardized folder structure as you take on new projects and map variables for your data cards.
In this webinar, Tracy will:
- Introduce the SOLIDWORKS PDM Templates Editor
- Demonstrate how your users can easily execute and embrace templates
- Teach template variables (different from typical PDM variables)
- Introduce the template card as an interface to prompt the user for any metadata
- Discuss how this may fit in your workflows